Friday, July 30, 2010

Utah Valley Marathon

So this is Scotty and me on probably one of the biggest days we've ever had together... next to the day we got married.... oh and the birth of our two children I guess.. :) I kept telling myself that, "If I can birth two babies, I can RUN A MARATHON!!" And not only did I run a marathon, Scott ran one too!!

It was seriously one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. Training was really intense and really long... about 5 months long... and Scott and I got to do it together!! The actual marathon wasn't NEARLY as scary as I thought. It was seriously so neat to run it and the scenery along the way was absolutely beautiful!! Even when it rained, or should I say poured on us, I loved it!!
Here's us after the big finish. That's a popcycle in Scott's hand and we probably ate 6 each in about hmmm.. I'd say 7 minutes.


One of the best parts of the big day where my cute, awesome girl friends who surprised me at the finish line!! That's my (above) surprised, exhausted face ;)


I had no idea they (Heather, Alyson w/baby Alayna, me and Brandalyn w/baby Anastyn) were coming (Sneaky Scott knew though!) and there they were to cheer me on and bring me peanut butter M&M's - my favorite!! I loved it and they were so sweet to come!!! Thanks again guys! :)


And of course Lee (far left) my brother-in-law had to join in on the fun!! :) As posted below, my sister Jayme and her family happened to be visiting the week of the marathon and since Lee has ran many marathons, why not run the Utah Valley Marathon with us?? It was hilarious.. he only trained that last week with me and Scott and then ran all 26.2 miles of the marathon and SMOKED us!! Great job Lee!! Glad you could have shared this experience with us!! It was soooo fun!! Oh and thanks again Grandma Sue for taking the kids all weekend!!! Couldn't have done this without your help!!!

Sooooo... anyone wanna join us on our next one?? :)




2 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW!! I am so impressed! A marathon is on my to do list, but I don't know when I'll be able to seriously buckle down and train for one. Too many small children at the moment. Congratulations to you and Scott for running it!

Alyson Bailey said...

Posting on vacation? Very impressive! I loved the post. What a life changing experience. So glad I got to be there and see you finish. It was so inspiring:)